Pages

Sunday 19 February 2012

Weekly Bake off: Apple & Almond Dessert Cake

Last week's Weekly Bake-Off was Marry Berry's Apple & Almond Dessert Cake (page 160) from 100 Cakes and Bakes .

It was a really easy cake to make and tasted lovely. We had it for dessert after a lovely meal with friends, served with cream. I made it earlier on in the day and we had it cold, however, the following day I popped it in the microwave for 30 seconds and it was really delicious warm. 

The only thing I changed from the recipe is replacing Almond Extract with Vanilla as hubby isn't a big fan. I can't comment on the difference it made but I'm not sure it would have made a massive difference. It still tasted good...

This week's bake off was the Austrian Curd Cheesecake, which I didn't really fancy. So decided to have a bit of a break from the bake off. I did make some WeightWatchers brownies though..... but I think these require a post of their own.

To take part in the Weekly Bake Off you can buy My Kitchen Table: 100 Cakes and Bakes from Amazon. Check out the Weekly Bake-Off blog and follow @WeeklyBakeOff on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment