Pages

Monday 12 July 2010

Peppa Pig & Welcome Home


This is the Peppa Pig cake I made for a friend's daughter's 2d birthday, and I am so pleased with it I just had to post it to my blog! I also love the writing, a technique I definitely intend to use over & over again.


Made using my 'make any word' letter press kit, you just press the letters into the icing when still soft & then I painted (with a very fine brush) some lustre powder into the groove. Gorgeous!


I've also had an idea for a cake with bunting for a while & with my little sister coming home to visit, I decided to give it a go. Again I got to use my letterpress kit, and the covering was done quickly so not as perfect as I'd like, but Sian was pleased with it. Would also make an ideal mini cake for a new mum with 'It's a boy!' bunting. Made up of 3 layers of sponge separated with jam & buttercream 4" round, it gives 4 very generous slices. Next time I will add a 'string' to tie all the flags together....but if you would like one, I'd love to have another go at making it. Would love to hear from you. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment